• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit/add more text than the orig. pdf file?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit a large PDF file which requires that I add/insert add'tional text and new sentances. My original file,  in edit mode, seems to limit me to the same approx. # of characters, and does not allow insertion of add'l text or sentances. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Editing capability in Acrobat is intended for LIMITED editing: changing a word, a date, correct the spelling of someone. Large wholesale editing as you're wanting to do is not what Acrobat editing is meant to do. 

Please keep in mind that a PDF is a digitally printed document. While one can make interesting changes when printing from a negative, if you want to remove a family member from a photograph, prior to Photoshop, a pair of sissors was one of the options. 

If you have whole new sentences into this document, either try to get access to the original digital file and if that's not possible, export it into Word or a txt file, and do your extended editing in a real word processing/page layout application.

Simply you are not doing anything wrong, you just need to use the correct tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines