• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to edit text in PDF file

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Novice here. Can someone tell me how I can edit the actual text in a PDF file? I opened the file as a PDF and chose edit but when I try to type text or remove text, the document automatically scrambles. I believe I'm using the right version (Adobe Pro), but perhaps this is better off an illustrator thing? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't, or at least it's not a good idea, as you've seen. PDF is a finished dristributable format, not a document creation format. The PDF Edit tools are for minor touch up. 

The correct methodology is to make changes in the original document, then convert to PDF.   

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I don't have access to the original file any longer and replaced someone at work so can't ask them for it. I was just trying to keep from having to recreate the files completely from scratch. I tried opening one in AI and editing but the font doesn't look the same. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll probably just need to recreate it from scratch, to be honest. You can open in AI to get the vector elements, but for type, you really need to retype set it. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines