• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable mousepad scroll?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have just automatically downloaded an adobe update because now I am not able to scroll by using my mouse pad, I have to use my arrow keys or grab the side bar to move down the document. I wasn't having this problem yesterday. I have looked all over for some kind of setting to allow me to scroll but haven't found anything. Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Actually I found a solution in another post and it works: I unchecked "Enable Protected mode at startup" as recommended here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/touchpad-scrolling-does-not-work/m-p/12367737 

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the problem persists even after a reboot?

I would say to also update the operating system(if you haven't done so yet), specifically force a manual update of the mouse pad drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a problem after reboot. Operating system is up to date. Couldn't force any driver update for mousepad. The two finger scroll works on every other app. I am not sure if I am missing something obvious but I think at this point I tried just about every setting change on Adobe I can find.  I am on a Dell XPS two-in-one with a touch screen if that makes any difference. 

It's an issue of relatively minor inconvenience but becomes frustrating to use the tiny side bar or arrow keys when reading longer documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing fine and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to, scroll the PDF pages using your mousepad?

- What happens when you try to scroll the PDF pages using mousepad and which tool you have selected to scroll the page?

- Do you get any error message? If yes please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Please try the following preference settings and see if that helps:

Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Select 'Make hand tool select text and images' and 'Make hand tool read articles' and uncheck'Make hand tool use mouse wheel zooming' > click OK

Also go to View tab > Page Display > Select 'Enable Scrolling'

If it still doesn't work, please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and see if that helps. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Tried all of these and it is still not working. I cannot figure out why it has all of the sudden stopped working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to repair the Acrobat installation from the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

After the last update I started experiencing the same issue. I'm curious to know if / how the people before me got rid of this bug?

I tried all of the solutions suggested above without success.

What's funny is that when I plug an actual mouse in, it works, but it doesn't work with the mousepad.

Does anybody have a new solution to offer?

Kind regards,

Justine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I found a solution in another post and it works: I unchecked "Enable Protected mode at startup" as recommended here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/touchpad-scrolling-does-not-work/m-p/12367737 

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, just to point out you can no longer get to preferences by pressing edit, this no longer appears  as an option when you press edit. The only way to get preferences up now is by pressing control and K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The Edit > preferences option lies with the classic view of Acrobat. However, with the new Acrobat you can go to hamburger menu at the top left corner or Ctrl, Cmd + K (Keyboard shortcut)

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal, yes, I don't know how to access the classic view?, none of the PDF's I do now give the option to go to edit and then preferences, so I have to stick with control and K. If there is a way to access the classic view that would be brilliant, please do let me know. Thanks very much again 😀.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please check the screenshot below for the option:

Amal_0-1698769505625.png

Hope it will help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Amal, that is superb!! I have swapped back to the original view which has about a million more tools 😀. Can I be very cheeky and ask you the about the one problem I have with Adobe Acrobat as you are obviously extremely knowledgeable.

On every web page I visit, and also when I am reading one of my outlook emails and also whenever I am reading a Word document, simply by clicking and releasing the middle button on my mouse I can then move up and down whichever of these pages I am reading (on web, email or Word), at any speed at all I wish, and also stop and restart the up and down movement instantly, exactly as I wish by just moving the mouse itself up and down. I can achieve this brilliant functionality simply by clicking and releasing the middle button on my mouse, thereafter no clicking or holding or anything else at all is required, I simply move the mouse itself up and down to read the respective page/s exactly as I wish. I find this means of control when reading any page/s indispensably brilliant.

When I am reading a PDF I have opened using Adobe Acrobat however, I have to click and hold the middle button the entire time I am reading down, say, a 60 page document, to move it up and down (or continually have to keep pressing and holding the button down repeatedly every time I wish to move the page up or down). I am aware of the auto scrolling option in Adobe which is completely inferior to using my normal method above. Can you please advise how I can get my usual above mentioned functionality I can use everywhere else except on Adobe opened PDFs please.

Your assistance with this would be hugely appreciated Amal, as i just cannot work out any way to do it with Adobe Acrobat opened PDFs despite the fact that every single other means of reading information on a computer, i.e. Web pages, emails and Word all have this superbly useful functionality. Very many thanks and please do take as long as you wish to look into this 😀.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing your observation, you may also share your feedback with the engineering team using the link https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Thanks

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks very much indeed for your reply.

Yes, luckily enough someone having exactly the same problem has already submitted that form three and a half years ago, in May 2020, as you can see on this link Mouse Autoscrolling - Adobe Community - 11128736 I was just wondering if you can kindly check how they have have got on with that request over the 3 1/2 years, and when they anticipate completing it.

Thanks very much again Amal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please upvote the feature request submitted so that it can get more visibility.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Yes, I actually already upvoted it when I first read it, it just looks like Adobe have done nothing at all with his request for the last 3 1/2 years, I was just hoping you might be able to give them a little push 😀.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines