Highlighted

How to enable mousepad scroll?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have just automatically downloaded an adobe update because now I am not able to scroll by using my mouse pad, I have to use my arrow keys or grab the side bar to move down the document. I wasn't having this problem yesterday. I have looked all over for some kind of setting to allow me to scroll but haven't found anything. Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to enable mousepad scroll?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have just automatically downloaded an adobe update because now I am not able to scroll by using my mouse pad, I have to use my arrow keys or grab the side bar to move down the document. I wasn't having this problem yesterday. I have looked all over for some kind of setting to allow me to scroll but haven't found anything. Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the problem persists even after a reboot?

I would say to also update the operating system(if you haven't done so yet), specifically force a manual update of the mouse pad drivers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a problem after reboot. Operating system is up to date. Couldn't force any driver update for mousepad. The two finger scroll works on every other app. I am not sure if I am missing something obvious but I think at this point I tried just about every setting change on Adobe I can find.  I am on a Dell XPS two-in-one with a touch screen if that makes any difference. 

It's an issue of relatively minor inconvenience but becomes frustrating to use the tiny side bar or arrow keys when reading longer documents. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing fine and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to, scroll the PDF pages using your mousepad?

- What happens when you try to scroll the PDF pages using mousepad and which tool you have selected to scroll the page?

- Do you get any error message? If yes please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Please try the following preference settings and see if that helps:

Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Select 'Make hand tool select text and images' and 'Make hand tool read articles' and uncheck'Make hand tool use mouse wheel zooming' > click OK

Also go to View tab > Page Display > Select 'Enable Scrolling'

If it still doesn't work, please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and see if that helps. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0