• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable scrolling by default

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to enable scrolling by default. I'm using Acrobat DC. Every time, when I open document I chose in view -> Page Display -> Enable scrolling. It works, untill I close Acrobat. When I open acrobat next time, in order to be able to scroll I should do this set up again. How to make this setup stick?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank YOU Silas! I created an Adobe account simply to come here and comment. I was skeptical, but your combination worked for me in Adobe Acrobat X Pro, for which the settings are:

Edit>Preferences>Page Display>Default Layout and Zoom>Page Layout:  Single Page Continuous; Zoom: Fit Page

Preferences>Accessibility>Always use Page Layout Style>Single Page Continuous

I am so grateful 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work for me. The scroll bar shows up for a moment but disappears if I try to use it. What is working for me, was to download an older version Acrobat Pro 2020. Scroll bars work perfectly, as they should. Amazing we have to pay to use this software that gets worse with each update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change it in BOTH locations?

I had done the first step, but hadn't realized the Accessibility section had the option in there as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolute. Life. Saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helps a lot! Lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a life saver. This has been driving me crazy!! Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOSH! Thank you so much. I've been trying to solve this issue for the longest time and kept coming up empty on searches. I use a PC too. I can't thank you enough!

Beth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this tip! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sir!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still high on the search results list and it was missing a component for me when "checking" my new global settings in Reader on pre-existing PDFs I had lying around.

*Edit - Preferences - Documents = UNcheck "restore last view settings when reopening documents"

So for anyone trying to get PDFs to continuously scroll and not hop between pages

0) Verify you want the behavior that happens when you select - View - Page Display - Enable Scrolling

If this is what you want, do the following:

1) Edit - Preferences - Documents = UNcheck "restore last view settings when reopening documents"

2) Edit - Preferences - Page Display - Default Layout and Zoom - Set "Page Layout" to "Single Page Continuous"

3) For good measure, Edit - Preferences - Accessibility - Override Page Display - check "Always use page layout style" and set to "Single Page Continuous"

4) Hit "OK" button to save all settings and test some PDFs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes this worked for me as well in Windows 10. Also kudos to the author for not missing anything... helps for me with learning disabilities.  thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you - this part was missing and you need it to make it work. 

This part is helpful, but is it necessary? Necessary maybe when opening new docs, but if you want to have the option for SOME docs to be continuous and others NOT then you would want this checked - it itself isn't necessary for the scrolling part, but whether or not you want to have to different behaviors.

Thanks for sharing, very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I meant "this part":

1) Edit - Preferences - Documents = UNcheck "restore last view settings when reopening documents"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this works!. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS! was it. The UNcheck. Finally fixed it. Tyvm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lastwraith - My kinda post! Detailed with an extra kicker, just to be sure. "If there's more than one way to skin a cat, do 'em all and that cat's surely gon git skinned."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THREE YEARS after you provided this tip, it solved my issue! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good one.... we all feel that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you tremendously!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, you are a life saver! I don't usually comment in forums, but I had to do on this one, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, thanks that was driving me crazy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If none of this works for you it's because you have to disable the following: Documents --> "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" for it to stop opening your single page scroll even though you enabled override continuous  --__--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU-THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines