• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to filter only those docs that have not been signed?

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I filter on the Acrobat main page to only display those documents that haven't been signed?  I don't want to hve to open every single one just to see who I have to chase down to sign their documents.

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only seen this feature if you go online to the Document Cloud or  in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC  if you've shared documents for signature via Adobe Sign.

You also need to be online or the status of all your agreements won't show at all.

See slide below:

signed-agreements.png

I've been trying for the longest time to find something similar but you won't get it in the "Home View".

Even though you can run a similar script (like shown below) from the console (with the appropriate arguments , of course),  as a mouse-up action event in a button, or using a javascript action through the action wizard,  I personally have not found a way to perform this from Acrobat against a list of files that are saved in a folder (which are also dependent on the operating system in use and its file system structure, in addition to privileged context issues) and be able to  determine which  documents are encrypted with the Acrobat's default security handler:

console.println(this.securityHandler != null ?
"This document is encrypted with " + this.securityHandler
+ " security." : "This document is unencrypted.");

In any case, I've came up  with a little batch script which is handy for this purpose. I posted it sometime last year in another thread but no one seemed to care at the time. Maybe you'll find it very useful:

@Echo Off
echo(
echo(
echo ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
echo(                         
date /T
echo(
assoc.pdf
echo(
echo ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
echo                    Total PDF(s) found in the current directory
echo(
attrib.exe ./*.pdf | find /c /v  "" 

echo(

dir /D /B /P /O *.pdf 
echo(

echo(
echo             Total Signed PDFs , Encrypted or Password protected PDF(s)  
echo(

setlocal
Findstr /M "adbe.pkcs7.detached" *.pdf | find /V /C ""
Findstr /M "Encrypt" *.pdf | find /V /C ""
echo(

Findstr /M "adbe.pkcs7.detached" *.pdf

echo(

echo          Some Password Protected file(s) MAY NOT open for reading/printing.
echo          You can separate these PDFs from the source list by placing 
echo          them in a different folder

echo(
echo The listed PDFs will be copied now to a separate folder. 
echo(
echo Hit the "Ctrl"+"C" keys to exit batch job at any time or

pause

echo(

mkdir C:\Users\--\Desktop\TEST
for /f %%a in ('findstr /M "adbe.pkcs7.detached" *.pdf') do XCOPY /Y "%%a" C:\Users\--\Desktop\TEST\NEWTEST
for /f %%a in ('findstr /M "Encrypt" *.pdf') do XCOPY /Y "%%a" C:\Users\--\Desktop\TEST\NEWTEST

echo(
echo(
echo ADOBE ACROBAT WILL OPEN NOW
echo(

pause

for /f %%i in ('START ACROBAT.EXE') do START %%i 

You can modify it to your needs. It is a text file so you can copy from here, name it,  and save it as a .bat file with Notepad (or similar). 

Note : This script  runs from the current directory where you place it. In my example above I created a user folder in my Desktop name "TEST" , for example. When it finds the encrypted or signed document(s) in that folder it copies the found files to another folder named "NEWTEST" . This is to allow to work on them separately and individually without messing  up the originals.

All this script does is count and list how many PDFs are in that folder with the attribute string "adbe.pkcs7.detached" or "Encrypt".

If files are found a total count will appear in the second row as illustrated in my screenshot below, if not found a "0" will show.

newpass-screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ls_rbls, thanks so much for the detailed reply.  However, I am not about to learn to write scripts just to work around a bug.

This is a case of two documents not displaying either the Cancel link.  I just want the basic functionality to work.  Unlike all my other docs I have processed with Sign, these two persist in the folder because I can't delete them.  They are redundant and no longer needed.  All the other docs I wanted to get rid of had a Delete link in the right-hand acton menu.  Why don't these two?  Do they have to hang around forever?

I have a screen-shot but can't see how to upload it since it's not a picture or video or link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understood correctly, do you get an option to unshare those documents?

It may be possible that you have to unshare them first in order to be able to delete them.Can you tell if you shared those two documents or another user user shared those with you?

If that is the case may be the other user needs to unshare them first, then delete them, or cancel the transit transaction if no one has signed those  documents, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they are not shared.  The options I see are:

Open Agreement

Download PDF

Download Audit Report

Hide Agreement

Add Notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would say  that if you suspect this is a bug open a support ticket using the Bug Reqquest wish form:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Note in the link above there is a section (or link) "Security Report Form"  to report  security vulnerabilities with your product.

I am mentioning this because I tried to help another user before with this same issue and the user was concerned that due to the confidentiality expressed in the PDF agreements that  the user was unable to delete it pose a risk of information leaking out since they were permanently  accessible in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines