• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find duplicate pages in a PDF Document

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 500-page medical record that seems to have a lot of duplicate pages. Is there a program that would scan through the document and identify the identical pages? I don't need to remove them just ID them. I cannot believe that there isn't something readily available. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dawn,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to find the duplicate pages in the PDF file.

In Acrobat, there is no option to recognize the duplicate pages automatically. Please check out the correct answer marked in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-acrobat-online/adobe-acrobat-pro-dc-how-to-delete-duplicate-pag... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a really useful feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You may submit your request/feedback with the engineering team using the link - https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the infomation but I'd rather not.

Regards

defaultpu6dd0i8nod9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an extremely complicated task. One possible way would be to export all the pages as images and then use an application that can compare those. Another would be to use a plugin or a script to compare the textual contents of the pages, although doing that with 500 pages that all have to be compared to one another will probably be too much for Acrobat to handle. A stand-alone tool is more suited for that task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not necessarily extremely difficult. In this case a general purpose tool for comparing pages needed. It's a limited context so there must be a simlper identifying feature, such as text on a small section of the page, or even something as simple as the bounding box.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to Evermap, this can be done using the Auto-Split plug-in.  This operation detects similar pages and presents them to the user for a review. The user can review the results and select/unselect individual pages from the list of duplicates for a possible deletion or extraction.  But I can't download it because I have a Chromebook. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines