Highlighted

How to fix an issue within the Structural Parent Tree for Accessiblilty

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for help: My PDF passed the Acrobat Accessibilty test but is not passing the PAC3 test for the following reasons which all fall within the Structural Parent Tree Section under the basic requriements (ISO 32000-1):

- Entry for given MCID missing

- Inconsistent entry found

There are several errors for each of these problems and when you click on the individual item, such as entry for given "MCID" missing, it doesn't show where the problem is occuring in the document like it usually does. In other words, typically when you click on an issue is points to where the problem is occuring. In this case it is just blank. How can I get rid of this issue so that the document passes?

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to fix an issue within the Structural Parent Tree for Accessiblilty

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for help: My PDF passed the Acrobat Accessibilty test but is not passing the PAC3 test for the following reasons which all fall within the Structural Parent Tree Section under the basic requriements (ISO 32000-1):

- Entry for given MCID missing

- Inconsistent entry found

There are several errors for each of these problems and when you click on the individual item, such as entry for given "MCID" missing, it doesn't show where the problem is occuring in the document like it usually does. In other words, typically when you click on an issue is points to where the problem is occuring. In this case it is just blank. How can I get rid of this issue so that the document passes?

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Can you please share the document with me so that I can provide a fix for the issue.

Thanks 

Rachit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you open the Results in Detail window in PAC 3? It's the top button in the lower left.

Only that windows takes you to the actual problem item.

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs | Books @ www.PubCom.com/books — NEW! Accessible InDesign + PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a fix for this issue? I'm having the same problem with som PDF's

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into the Inconsistent Entry error a couple of times. After much trial and error, I think a found a fix - it is kinda goofy and I'm not sure it always works, but it worked for me both times. 

In the Page Thumbnails pane, select all the pages and Extract Pages as Seperate Files. Open the first page, then back in the Page Thumbnails pane, add all the other pages back in. Somehow deconstructing then reconstructing the PDF fixed the mystereous Inconsistent Entry error. 

Re. the "Entry for given MCID missing" error - I don't recall running into that one. Maybe cross your fingers and try this ...

• Tools - Print Production - Preflight.
  • Make sure Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles is selected in the Libraries window at the top
  • Select the "Make individual corrections" tool (the wrench icon).
  • Enter StructElem in the search field and carry out the correction "Insert missing Type entry in StructElem objects".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0