• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix : There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (135).

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to fix :There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (135).

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Hi amya61582079,

The issue is probably because there are special characters hidden in the file. That said, it is still the issue with Adobe Reader/Acrobat, as the two failed to ignore the small errors, while other software, such as Foxit, does not have trouble opening files of the sort.

The good news is that you do not have to install Foxit, or any other PDF viewers. There is a simple solution if you have Acrobat and Google Chrome:

1. Open Google Chrome;

2. Drag the PDF file into the Chrome window.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amya61582079,

The issue seems to be related to the PDF itself and not Adobe Reader.

Are you able to open other PDF file successfully?

Please refer to this thread Issue when scrolling a pdf - There was a problem reading this document (135)‌

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amya61582079,

The issue is probably because there are special characters hidden in the file. That said, it is still the issue with Adobe Reader/Acrobat, as the two failed to ignore the small errors, while other software, such as Foxit, does not have trouble opening files of the sort.

The good news is that you do not have to install Foxit, or any other PDF viewers. There is a simple solution if you have Acrobat and Google Chrome:

1. Open Google Chrome;

2. Drag the PDF file into the Chrome window. By doing so, the PDF file can be viewed in Chrome;

3. Right click on the opened PDF file, and click 'Print';

4. In the pop-up window, select 'Save as PDF' for the Destination, and click Save;

5. When prompted, choose the target folder, input the name of the new file, and save it.

As such you will have a new PDF file, which is error-free and can be opened by Adobe Reader/Acrobat without error messages. However, the bookmarks created in the original file will have to be re-established.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! That worked perfectly with my 1200 page PDF.

Way to think outside the box!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If print, maybe can not remain the origin page size. someone said, if combine w/ another normal file, this problem maybe fixed, but i failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the step-by-step instructions. It worked with my architectural plans! Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OBVIOUS problem with this solution is that the comments and all other review material put into the document after the last successful save operation (i.e., before the error occured) are LOST and have to be re-typed in the new document. 

REPEAT: the file on the disk that you drag into Chrome DOES NOT HAVE ANY OF THE WORK DONE PRIOR TO THE SAVE ERROR.  

This workaround is NOT A SOLUTION TO THE IMPACTS OF YOUR HUGE BUG.

Please repair this INCREDIBLY MAJOR BUG IN YOUR SOFTWARE. I lost at least one hour of work to your incompetence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case the bug has something to do with corrupted comments added to the file. 

When I try to delete one of the comments in the file, it keeps popping back into existence. Trying to "reject" it first does not help. 

SOMETHING IS VERY VERY WRONG WITH YOUR COMMENTING CODE.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened in Preview. Duplicated. Then save as and choose the Quartz filter to "shrink file". Then open the file in Reader and it's fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abslutely pointless for my purposes, i.e. actually having to use and edit the file. Fix the bug instead of promoting useless "solutions". Or suggest another, better, software for editing files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Millions of thanks. That works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this issue is that other apps work but not Adobe Acrobat. Short answer, don't use Adobe is what I am getting from these posts. Is this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absoluly correct. I have three different pdf softwares in three different computers and only Adobe has problem. No Adobe  any more....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a valid workaround here at my office:

If you receive the following error in Adobe Acrobat after stamping and trying to save a PDF, please try the following workaround:
Error: The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (135).

Close the document, then locate it in the folder and right click, then select Combine Files in Acrobat.

In the window that pops up, make sure the document is listed, then select Combine.

When the document has finished combining, select File > Save and if needed, select the location where the file will be saved to by selecting the blue Choose a Different Folder option.

Note that after combining, the file name will Binder1.pdf (or Binder2, etc.). Rename the file as needed and save to the desired location.

After saving, close the file, reopen it from the location you just saved it to. You should now be able to stamp and save the file without issue.  Also, bookmarks in the new PDF should be the same as the original version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is NOT A SOLVE, it's useless if your document has any comments that need saving

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines