How to generate dynamic QR code on form? The box is always gray.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community, 

I have the following problem which i´m not able to handle. 

I would like to have a dynamic QR code on my form, which is composed of the entries made by my customers in the form.

The plan is to have my clients this PDF, fill it out and return it to me. The QR code should then be generated on my computer.

The problem is even though I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, the QR code box is always gray.

On the Internet I keep reading that you need LiveCycle Reader permissions, but does that also apply if you own Acrobat Pro and only want to generate the codes for yourself?

I'm slowly getting really desperate and would be very happy about help.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Create PDFs, How to, JavaScript, PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The QRcode field is greyed out in Acrobat Reader but it works fine under the gray mask.

==> You can create a form with a QRcode field with Acrobat Pro and the QRcode will not be visible for Acrobat Reader users.

But you don't care : When you will receive the forms back and open them with Acrobat Pro (or Acrobat Standard) the QRcode will be enabled and perfectly visible and usable.

If you need a QRcode visible and usable in Acrobat Reader feel free to contact me privatly.

Open this file with Acrobat Reader to see a great sample: https://abracadabrapdf.net/file/RATP-position-geographique-des-stations.pdf

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on my Mac and the field is not visible for me as the creator. 

So do i have to change something, is this a bug or what can i change?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will only reveal a very small part of my trade secrets to you: it is not a form field…

😉

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines