• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of black navigation bar...

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed this morning that this black navigation bar (or whatever it's called) appears when I open a file.

Adobe.png

This has never appeared before and I do not want it to do so.

How do I get it to stop appearing?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Thank you for reaching out. 
Adding to what @gary_sc said. Now with the latest release of Adobe Acorbat Pro DC you can dock it by clicking the icon on the far right on the screenshot you have attached. 

Dock.PNG

Let us know if that answers your question.

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a HUD (Heads Up Display). It appears when you are looking at a pdf in a browser. If you want it to do away, move your cursor off the screen and/or away from the region of the HUD. Also note you can move it around by clicking and dragging it around.

But you cannot get rid of it, those are your controls for PDFs in Browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reaching out. 
Adding to what @gary_sc said. Now with the latest release of Adobe Acorbat Pro DC you can dock it by clicking the icon on the far right on the screenshot you have attached. 

Dock.PNG

Let us know if that answers your question.

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I cannot get rid of this annoying black bar. It gives me no options to do so. See screenshot.

Ntuthuko5FCC_0-1682000519202.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Ntuthuko5FCC,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat.

Since Acrobat Sign has now moved to a web-based service where your documents are uploaded to the server for you to prepare and send, I suggest clearing the web caches and cookies for your devices and then checking.

I tried reproducing the issue at my end but got the cross icon on the right to hide the tools.

You can learn more about clearing cache: Clear cache & cookies - Computer.

You can also check if you experience the same on the web: https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/documents/

Please run the latest application version for better results (go to Help-> Check for Updates).

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines