• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Hide Tools Pane and Bookmarks by default for all docs

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do this? It looks like a check box has been removed that used to do this. These panes on the left and the right just take up precious desktop space, and is a pane* to close everytime I open a document.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aarons,

Apologies for the delay in response, I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If the problem still persists,

To hide the bookmarks, you may refer to a similar discussion on the Adobe forums here - Default Hide Navigation Pane On Left Side Acrobat Reader DC

To hide the tools pane, you may refer to the Adobe help article here - Permanently close the Tools pane in Acrobat Reader DC

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My latest version os Acrobat Pro DC does not have the option to "Remeber the curret state of the tools pane".

It is highly unproductive to have to close the bookmarks toolbar eveytime I open a document.

If this is not fixable, I may have to stop using Acrobat Pro and move back to Foxit Pro.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue seems to be resolved after restarting my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed this.  I too am missing the check box.  I've restarted and it is still missing.  What did you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be better if there was (also) a simple on/off switch in my view.

Consider the scenario, I normally have it closed, but then I do need something from it, and open it.  I then have to remember to close it again, otherwise it is going to come back and bug me the next time I open Acrobat.

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with the current version of Acrobat.  I was able to set the tools pane to automatically collapse on open.  But, that intrusive Bookmarks pane opens every time I open a document.  I don't show an ability to hide the Bookmarks pane by default after Google searching and combing through the settings in Preferences.  Surely there is a way to keep the pane from opening by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mostly open 1-3 page drawings and that Bookmarks pane is the worst! It takes up so much space. Abode - surely there is a way to prevent it from opening automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines