How to improve an optimization of a large file containing a lot of images ?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I’m using Adobe PRO and try to optimize a file which contains 99,50% of images.

I try to find the best way to compress the images to have the smallest size without loosing noticeable quality.

When I use the « standard » settings it’s still too large.

Then I let the « transparency » menu at « high quality » and manage to change settings in the « images » menus (I joins a picture of the settings below).

Unfortunately there are a lot of settings I don’t understand. But when I use JPEG 2000 instead of JPEG for compression and put « high » for quality I get a smaller file.

But the quality of the images in the PDF are a little degraded, mainly the texts are  little bit « drooling ».

Please can you share your best configuration in Adobe Pro to get a perfect shrinked PDF containg a lot of images ? Or provide guidance and advises to how improve an optimization ?

Thank you and best regards.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is always a compromise between image size and image quality. The image quality degradation is more obvious is you select a compression mechanism that is not optiomized for your specific content type (e.g. use a compression method that is designed for compressing photographic images when you are trying to compress a scan of text). What it comes down to is you need to experiment to see what is an acceptable image quality giving you also an acceptable file size. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines