Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a fillable field in Acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am an Adobe artist (not WORKING for Adobe, but an artist who USES Adobe) and I am use to primarily using Photoshop and Illustrator. I need some assistance with Acrobat and any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

I have a client who has requested a PDF of a particular file, and he wants me to input fields on the file where his salesman can fill out their contact information. I could input one person's contact information on one of these forms, however I cannot figure out how to have some type of a box there so that others can open up this PDF file, fill out their own personal information, and save it.

Does anyone know what I'm refering too? I am not very good at explaining things so if clarity is needed please let me know. Thank you so much.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need form fields. Use the Create Form Wizard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Photoshop and have access to Acrobat, that seems to me that you have a full ACC account. If I'm correct, you will probably beneift from creating your original form in InDesign and then converting that into a PDF form. It is much easier than trying to create all the fields within Acrobat.

Rather than giving you one specific link on how to do this, I suggest that you google 

"creating a fillable pdf form in indesign" 

in your browser to see the range of help materials there are on how to do this. FWIW, I've been using Acrobat for over 20 years and when I need to create a form, this is the way I go.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is great advice! I am MUCH more fluent in ID than Acrobat so I am going to try this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your are fluent in InDesign you should use it for designing AND for creating form fields.

Then export as an"Interactive PDF".

This is OK for a "basic" form without complex requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines