• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make an action batch process a large group of PDF docs instead of individually

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an action containing a script from the Acrobat Exchange (specifically the Stamp and Number Document action). I've modified the script a little to make it do what I need specifically, and it works great but I need to process a few thousand PDF document. The action brings up a dialog box with options between each file. Is there any way that I can easily make it take the original input parameters and run with it for the whole batch? Otherwise, I would be clicking the process button for each file without changing anything. I am not a script writer at all but I usually can modify what I need to make it work but this one in particular is large and I'm not sure what to change or add. I appreciate any help I can get and thank you in advance.

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to untick any "Prompt User" box under the commands in your Action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that tip. I did check that to make sure and it is unchecked by default. It still pull up the parameters box between each file when the "prompt user" box is not selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What commands did you add?

What dialog do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not add anything to this script as far as new commands. I changed the standard font color and size. I expanded the comment box where the page numbers are placed. I also added a another standard option for the naming style to fit what I need on this current project (Case number #### - Tab # - Page #). The dialog I see between processing each file is the same dialog that shows up when you initially start the action. I'm not sure if it has to show up each time in order to sequentially number the documents (Doc #1 on all pages, Doc #2 on all pages, etc.) or if there is a different reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of this dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen grab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the actual Action (the .sequ file)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to add that file type here so HERE is a link to the file on google drive. Let me know if you have issues retreving the file. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a public link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Try it now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It displays a custom dialog for every document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. My hope was that there is an easy way to set the parameters on the fist document and then it would process the whole batch of documents without having to tell it to process for each file in the batch. The scrip as it is right now does everything I need it to except that. I will have to press the process button on a few thousand document. Nothing more than pressing the button but the volumn of documents still makes it a daunting task. So am I just out of luck without major rewriting of the script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can contact the creator of the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd is right. It's working as intended. It is possible to adjust it to only show the dialog once (or not at all, if you want to always use the same settings), but it will take a bit of work. If you're interested in hiring someone to do it for you feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further, including the fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I worried that it wouldn't be something simple. I appreciate both of your help with this. I will reach out to the script creator and see what they say. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines