• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make check boxes the same size in Forms?

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 10 page form that I am converting to a form in Acrobat . All my checkboxes end up looking different as I have to hand size them.

There has to be a better way!

HELP

Dunc

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Comments forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all checkboxes, right-clic upon any one and choose : Set fields to same size : Both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a form that was on paper before I started working with it.  How can I select all of those check boxes?

Or are you suggesting that I insert check boxes where each printed one is located and then select and size those?

Thanks for your tip JR

Dunc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you already have printed checkboxes in the form. Folks here are talking about the digital checkbox / form field. Position it to cover and hide the printed ones.

Once made, you can resize and align two or more form fields to match each other. Select the form fields and use the size/alignment tools in the upper right of Acrobat's form screen.

Align and Resize tools in Acrobat.Align and Resize tools in Acrobat.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the "Match Size" tool, it keeps using the changing the size of the wrong box. I thought it had to do with which box I selected first, but that doesn't seem to change the result. How do I tell the program which box I want to be adjusted and which box is the size I want to use?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has to do which is created first I belive.

When you select fields, right click on the one you want all others to look like and from menu select 'set field to same size-> both'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make form field checkboxes larger than those on the layout and fill them with white color and black stroke to cover the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make one check box the size you want it to be.  Then right-click on it and choose the option "Use current properties as new default".  Every check box after that will all be the same size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines