• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make smaller pdf's???

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't converted a group of jpeg's to a pdf for a while. The last time I did it the pdf was quite a lot smaller than the original files. Tonight I have 22 jpegs that add up to 400MB, when I convert them into a pdf with the latest version of Pro DC, I end up with a 400MB pdf. The older acrobats, at their defaults, produced much smaller pdf's. What am I doing wrong? I've tried the mid level quality setting but I still get a 400MB pdf

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried making a "small" version and the file size was still 400MB, is this a bug with the latest version of acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not such setting when creating a PDF from JPEGs. I think you're looking at the options of creating JPEGs from a PDF... Anyway, the solution should be implemented before creating the PDF file. Use an image processing application to reduce the resolution or size of the images so that they are smaller in size and then create a PDF from those smaller images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a workaround, I create the pdf, save it, then reopen it and do a "save as" and check "reduce file size", the 400MB pdf went down to 73MB, quality was still very good. I don't understand why you can't access this ability when you create it in the first place. Acrobat must be Adobe's clunkiest software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually  using .png for images that will be displayed both in a computer and sent via email is a very satisfying option instead of grappling with .jpeg resolutions and whatnot.

The ability you're inquiring about is found in Edit --->> Preferences. 

Look at the options listed for converting to PDF as observed by try67.

You must manually tweak some settings and test them out until you get a desired result. 

Keep in mind that Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is an PDF editor, not an graphical image manipulation program; it is quite complex when you start learning all the ins-and-outs in-depth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines