• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to manually update Acrobat Professional 8.1.0 from Adobe downloads

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've paid $499 for my Acrobat 8 Professional I want to continue to use it. I was forced to re-download and re-install after being unable to get a new e-license and now am back to 8.1.0. This page ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/8.x/ shows the 8.x updates available for download but as I understand it they must be installed sequentially. Is this done through the command line, and if so what is the correct code to use? Finally, which of the 8.1/ updates in the first folder is the correct English USA version?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No command-line commands required. Simply download the files (they have an .msp extension) and double-click them. They are executables.

Use the files under the "misc" folder, without a language code (so AcrobatUpdXXX_all_incr.msp).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, and they always ask for a program to open them. They won't run automatically when clicked or double clicked.

EDIT: Had to correct a file association in the registry. Works OK now.

How do I know which version in the misc folder to use if there are multiple files available?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows10 Pro. I think I have it all figured. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 is not compatible with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problems using it with Windows10Pro. Maybe there are some features I'm not aware of that aren't compatible, but everything I use works fine. I've gone through all the updates to 8.3.1 and they all updated without any problem. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you said you we're able to install it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to update... had to reinstall and am back at 8.0.0... no matter which update I try I get the error dialog box... "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program....."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is and running 11 successfully too.  Sorry.  No free money for Adobe from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines