• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to paginate select pages?

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to paginate select pages? I can only see the option to choose odd or even numbered pages. Thanks,

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the InDesign forum from Premiere Pro forum.

To answer your question, you would use Numbering & Section Options.

This link will be helpful

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/layout-design-9.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As master_mo said, you're probably looking to do Auto Page Numbering. Here's an old video that could help. It goes beyond what you're looking for, but the basics of Auto Page Numbering are included in the video (On a Master Page, set up a text frame with the Current Page Number command included in the frame [Type > Insert Special Character>Markers>Current Page Number])

http://www.jeffwitchel.net/2012/04/solving-an-impossible-page-numbering-problem/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NRaven,

you could use the special character for current page number also on a document page.

This special character is available in the context menu if you select text or a text insertion point:

Insert Special Character > Markers > Current Page Number

There is a keyboard shortcut available as well. Ctrl + Alt + Shift + N

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a specific custom way that only certain pages will have page numbers at all you can create that type of page as a master page which may (or may not) contain only the page number stylings and then assign just those pages the master using the Apply Master option offered in the Pages Panel pull-down menu.

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 12.40.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work on Adobe Pro? I am not using inDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Does this work on Adobe Pro? I am not using inDesign. 

Do you mean Acrobat Pro? There is no such thing as Adobe Pro.

You had posted in the Premiere Pro forum which is a video editing tool.

I assume you mean Acrobat Pro, in which case,  this is a handy reference.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/add-headers-footers-pdfs.html#add_a_bates_numbering_header_or_...

Please refer to the section on Bates numbering in the link above.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry yes i meant Acrobat Pro, apologies for my ignorance. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Acrobat forum

Not a problem NRaven.

The steps above will get you going.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, bates numbering does not solve my issue.  If only i was able to number all the pages as normal then delete the number on the page i don't want numbered, then all the pages will renumber itself accordingly. Seems like such a simple change in which the program can't do. Can someone confirm this is not possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, you want to add page numbers to just certain pages in a PDF file using Acrobat, correct?

This is possible, but requires using a custom-made script. You would need to enter the page numbers into a dialog window, though. It can't know which pages you've selected in the Pages panel. Alternatively, it can add the numbers to all the pages and then you could delete the ones you don't want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi NRaven,

can you show some screenshots what your PDF looks in Acrobat Pro with Page Thumbnails showing?

As a start you could go with the Page Labels property of a page thumbnail. The panel is named Page Numbering :

View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Page Thumbnails

Select the first thumbnail or a range of page thumbnails.

The context menu of your selection gives you: Page Labels

That will give you the Page Numbering dialog with some options to name and numbering pages:

PageLabels-PageNumberingDialog-AcrobatPro.PNG

You see, it's a bit unclear for me what you like to do.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines