• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to prevent PDFs from changing the Acrobat window size

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Pro 2017 running under MS Windows, how can I prevent PDF documents from modifying the Acrobat window size when they are loaded?

Thanks,

Andreas

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should not be happening. What exact version of Acrobat are you using, and what's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro 2017.011.30150, Windows 10 (1903) 64-bit.

IMHO, you can 'tell' a PDF document to resize the program window when the document is loaded (although I have never personally done that). I would simply like to prevent the re-sizing from happening.

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A file can be set to resize the window to the initial page, and/or to center the window in the screen, and/or to display in Full Screen mode (the last one requires user approval, though). I don't think there's a global settings that prevents these settings from working, though. You can change it on a file-by-file basis, or run on Action to change it in multiple files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know how to prevent PDF files from repositioning or reszing my Acrobat Pro DC windows. It's very annoying and wastes my time having to properly resize the window and place it where I want on my Win10 computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, would like to be able to use Acrobat without having it move and resize the window 800 trillion times per day.

I would gladly strike a deal if that's what it takes.  I agree to be given an electric shock every time Acrobat wants to do this, and in consideration for my willingness to receive arbitrary electric shocks, Acrobat must agree not to engage in this obnoxious behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SAME! User of program, not the creator of the file should decide whether a file can move your window aronund on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines