• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to prevent second distribution of PDF? licensing?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am planning to release PDF form iPad diary. But I am afraid of second distribution, sharing with people with no payment. If there is any system, which can restrict second distribution of pdf file like tracing the file route or giving file in encoded form or limit download user or giving license in Adobe or there is other program. In case of encoding, it is problem that encoded file usually only can open in windows. But file must be open in ios software, application like goodnote. So I am interested in adobe service. Would you think Abobe will help my case? Or if there is other system which seems to support my problem, please inform me. It will be great help me to solve my big problem. Thank you for your support. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Is your budget in 5-6 figures (US$)? If not, seek a publisher who does DRM.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your budget in 5-6 figures (US$)? If not, seek a publisher who does DRM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a simple way to do this, but it takes a little effort on the part of your customer. Have your customer create a self-signed digigal certificate on thier computer. They can do this in Reader. They send you the public key, which you use to encrypt the PDF. Now, only the person with the private key can open the file.  The Acrobat scripting model provides some functionality that can help automate this process for the customer. 

Another method is Lite Security.  This is not a true security methodology, but a higher level of difficulty to break. The idea is to place a watermark on every page that obscures the content. Then use a script to remove the watermark when certain conditions are true. The conditions can be anything that is accessible from a script. For example, making the user enter a password.

I do not believe this second method will work with the mobile Reader.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines