• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to print from Adobe Android app on Chromebook

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Chromebook, which I now use as my primary device from which I print.  I have always used Adobe for managing/printing/viewing .pdf files, and very much want to continue doing so!  That said, it appears that as of right now, the only way to print using Adobe on my Chromebook is to use the Adobe Android app on my Chromebook.  When I select the Print option in the Adobe Android app on my Chromebook, the only option listed for printers is to use the Google Cloud Print app.  Two problems with this: first of all, my printer is a bit on the older side (an HP Photosmart C6280), and therefore not very compatible with Google Cloud Print.  But the second (and bigger) problem is that Google is discontinuing its support for its Cloud Print service at the end of this year (2020), and the Cloud Print service is the only print option in the Adobe Android app on my Chromebook, at least as far as I can tell or figure out (I don't claim to be the most knowledgable about such things...).  So, my first question is: am I seeing this issue correctly, or is there something that I've missed?  And secondly, assuming that I am correct, is there another way and/or will be there be another option coming to the Adobe Android app for printing from Chromebooks?

Thank you SO MUCH (in advance) for any help you can give me on this issue--I greatly appreciate it!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Hi Folks,

this is precisely the problem I am now experiencing. my only workround the get PDF's printed to my HP ENVY printer is to access my files in google drive via my SAMSUNG smart phone and print from there.

This ia very frustrating - Adobe has been a great product for me and many other ono-techies , Please can you get together with Chromebook people and resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumkamatt

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, when you select the Print option in the Adobe Android app on Chromebook, the only option listed for printers is to use the Google Cloud Print app and not the physical printer connected

Please take a look at the steps provided in the similar discssion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-mobile/printing-on-chromebook/td-p/10400498?page=1 and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, Amal!  Thank you for the prompt response--I greatly appreciate it!

I had actually already seen the discussion that you referenced when I was looking for a solution before I made my own post.  The reply in that thread actually just goes right back to settings in Google Cloud Print, so unfortunately is not a solution to my issue, nor will it be a solution for anyone as of the end of this year when Google Cloud Print is no longer functional.  What I believe is needed is a non-Google Cloud Print-based printing option from within the Adobe Android app.  Do you know if this is a possibility that is being considered, and/or how to alert Adobe to this issue?  Thanks again, Amal--I greatly apprediate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response. You may please submit your request with the engineering team using the link https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is now over a year later and it's still not possible to use all of Adobe Reader features on a Chromebook. I just want to print an image to poster size but in order to do that I have to click File and that option isn't available on Chromebook. Chromebooks are Mickey mouse laptops made for children and I wish I never bought one. I will be purchasing a grown ups laptop with Windows in the near future and giving my Chromebook to my nephew. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have this same issue. Have you made any headway with the engineering team to come up with a solution? In the absence of a fix, we may just need to find some other non-Adobe tool to print PDFs from our Chromebooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

this is precisely the problem I am now experiencing. my only workround the get PDF's printed to my HP ENVY printer is to access my files in google drive via my SAMSUNG smart phone and print from there.

This ia very frustrating - Adobe has been a great product for me and many other ono-techies , Please can you get together with Chromebook people and resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same experience as the others. It would appear that Google Chrome OS , Adobe and HP need to put their heads together to resolve this issue.

I had no problem printing direct to my HP envy printer when using my old desk top or laptop. Both using MS OS.

I am disappointed that Google Chrome people have yet to respond to my flagging this issue, which I am glad to see is not just me.

The only way I can get a PDF printed is to safe it to Drive then access it on my Samsung Phone and print from there. Not what I was expecting when I purchased my Chromebook.

Please , please get a solution to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines