• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove Active Content from PDF document

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to upload a file and receive the following error.  How do I resolve this issue? 

The content of the document 'ABC Report' named 'ABC Annual Report.pdf' is invalid. It contains active content. allowAcroForms. For security reasons, we do reject PDF documents containing encrypted data, active content (e.g. JavaScript, PostScript), external references, and PDF documents with attached objects or executables. Please remove Active Content from attachment and then add.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several different ways to do this if you have Acrobat Professional.

For example, in the "Save As Optimized" dialog you'll find options for removing active content. You can also remove items manally if you know what the are, embedded files, scripts, etc. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adope Acrobat Pro DC.  I could not find "Save As Optimized" on this version.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

explore the file menu for something similar, name keeps changing  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thom, I found the Optimize option, ran it, but still get the error when trying to upload the file.In the initial post, the error mentions "It contains Active. AllowAcroForms".  What does AllowAcroForms relate to?  Is this the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly how did you make this PDF? Mostly people would know if they added  form fields  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No form fields have been added from what I can see...Someone else created the pdf version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you did not create this PDF? May e best to refer to the creator as finding rhis may be tricky, and fixing it may change the appearance, a bad thing for financial data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked them to recreate.  Will see how it goes,  Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A solution has been found.....Print the pdf document to pdf and save as another name.  It removed the Active Contents and I was able to upload to the web-site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the print to pdf worked thank you annah86043072

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this simple solution!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines