• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove white border in PDF preview?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm frustrated that every PDF document that I open has the white border around it. How can I remove that in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro?

I tried and looked everywhere in the preferences but couldn't find it.

Would really appreciate some help with this if anyone knows.

thank you

Hrvoje

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a global setting that does that. You will need to crop out the white margins from your files, either individually or in an Action, if you have Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what a bummer. but thanks for the info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done that but it still shows white borders.. when I open any pdf document it shows thin white border around any doc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't happen to me. Please download and try out https://www.adobe.com/be_en/active-use/pdf/Alice_in_Wonderland.pdf  . What I see on the first page is red running to the sides and a yellow pattern in the centre. And behind it the grey of the app background. No white line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as you can see, I still see a white border issue..

whiteborderissue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I didn't even see that. But, yes, I do see a white line. I imagine it's there to show where the edge is, when pages are the same grey as the window. Or someone's idea of decoration, developers do like to impress us with this sort of thing. It's a light grey as it turns out, not white, and for me it's only on the top and left sides. No option to turn it off.

Acrobat wish requests: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe, when they try to impress I would be more impressed to give me the option to turn it off not to spend two days on trying to figure out how to turn it off

tnx for the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution I found in my versin of Adobe Acrobat is to go to the Organize Pages section for editing pdfs, select all pages, right click and select "Crop Pages", then select Remove White Border.  I couldn't do it by doing  the "Edit PDF -> Crop Pages" route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was searching to resolve the same problem, I use accessabillity black page and the border is annoying green, 
Finally I found the solution to review my Docs without border lines, 
go to Edit>Preference>Page Display> Page Content and Information> uncheck the box of Show trim, art, and bleed boxes, Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines