• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to save as multiple opened files in a folder?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the subject is quite self-explanatory I think

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to employ a JavaScript batch action using the Action Wizard (I may be wrong though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried that, with no success. I can create a batch action just to save the document, but I can't make it to repeat itself for every opened document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, 

1. Choose Save.

2. Repeat until done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop assuming your one-line titles are enough. If you want help you need to provide more details, starting with what application you're referring to and on what OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to Adobe Acrobat, I thought this forum was specific to this app.

Concerning the OS, I'm using Windows 10 Pro. Didn't think the OS was relevant to this, I'm sorry.

But thanks for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no idea of what you want to happen. Though I think we can make more sense of your post with some quotes: 

how to "save as" multiple opened files in a folder?

if that's right,

- you want "save as" to be run for every open file, or just some of them?

- you want the "save as" dialog to appear for each file in turn, or you want to hide it and automate it?

- if you want to automate it, what would you want the name to be in each case?

Just imagine we are really bad at guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The operating system is very relevant because not all versions of Micrososft Windows are supported anymore, and not all of those supported versions provide the same directory structure of the File Explorer shell environment; which in turn, depending on the Adobe Acrobat version (as well as its different version updates), it means that Acrobat will interact (or integrate) in the same way with every operating system.

In the same context, not all Acrobat users are Micrososft Windows users.

A great majority of Acrobat users have macOS.

Like Micrososft Windows, macOS has many many variants... Adobe Acrobat integrates differently on each version too (including bugs and fixes).

As far as how the "Save As" action works, Here's a good article that I posted for another user recently, and to also complement Test Screen Name's observations:

Please read the article and try to understand the technical concepts.

After you finish reading that article you may realize  the complexity of what you're asking.

You need to explicitely be more thorough about the workflow that you're trying to achieve to get better assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines