• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save multiple signatures in Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to save more than one signature and initials under the fill and sign tools?

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

I have this same issue at work.  I sign documents at work and I sign documents for my boss at work.  My work around is this:

Save one signature as a signature and the other as "initials".  There are two options on the sign button, one for signature and one for initials.  So I can sign for my boss and myself with that.  Hope it helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Honestly in my situation niether work-around is good. 

Doing the first one involves sending the form to each doctor for signature, which would require them to 1) See the notification, 2) know how to use Adobe Pro and 3) actually do it. 

If you have ever worked with or around surgeons, you know that when there is something they want done, they direct that it get done and then leave for either the clinic or the OR.  They will use the computer for the EMR and for email, but they really do not feel

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 years after you post this,  it is still a useful comment.  Wish i had found this a couple weeks ago, would have saved some grief -- but found your suggestion now and it works.   Thank you .   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue at work.  I sign documents at work and I sign documents for my boss at work.  My work around is this:

Save one signature as a signature and the other as "initials".  There are two options on the sign button, one for signature and one for initials.  So I can sign for my boss and myself with that.  Hope it helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use the Siganture and Initials option to store two different signatures.  What I now need is a third signature option.  Even if it was as simple as "Signature 1" "Signature 2" "Initials 1" "Initials 2" then we could have four signatures.

I do like how Signatures means the signature goes behind the words on the letter whereas Stamps go on top of the document and covers everything that is behind it.  Which isn't helpful at all for some of the forms we use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant!!!

Thank you!!!! Thank you!!!! Thank you!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, chhcope! Brilliant workaround to the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea! Will do this (at least until I need initials!) Unfortunately we have 3 bosses! I think adobe need to actually talk to real users, not just the cloud-revenue-crew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's genius! Thank you! You rock!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that there needs to be an option to save Multiple signatures.  We have an individual signature and a signature for the Company name that we use. 

Please add the feature to save multiple signatures, for now adding a second name in the initials field is a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use stamps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a much needed feature that existed in previous versions of Acrobat. You've now forced me to use other techniques to sign documents where multiple signatures are needed. I scanned all of the needed signatures and saved them as .PNG file. I open up the PDF file with PDFpen and insert the signatures as images and save the PDF. I open it back up in Acrobat to use Send & Track. There is a work around but it's not conducive since I'm the only one at the office with SmileOnMyMac's application PDFPen. Seriously, Adobe. This one is a no-brainer to add back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to get additional signatures stored as a feature for a multitude of reasons - none of them dodgy or illegitimate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Certificates in Forms and Signatures for various digital signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a digital PKI, create the signature and sign it. Then clear signature. The block will still be there, but empty. You can then add more signature blocks and do the same thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Yes, there is a way to add multiple signatures on PDF file.

Kindly refer to the link with detailed information as given below;

Get multiple signatures on a single document |

Hope this helps you with an workaround.

Regards,

Kalpana  B G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the issue.  Oftentimes, such as in a legal office, a person needs to sign a document, "in behalf of" another person or a number of other person.  Example, one PDF requires atty #1's signature, a second PDF rquires atty #2's signature and a third document needs the person's own signature. 

As it stands under the Certificate Tool > Digitally Sign you can only have ONE Digital ID with an image of a signature added.  It won't allow multiple Digital ID's each having their own image file with signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I serve various capacities legally.  Sometimes I might sign documents as myself.  Other times I sign with my name as Trustee, other times I sign as Conservator.  Within my compaany I sometimes sign as Managing Member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is nobody from Adobe replying on this anymore? I find countless of these subjects, dating back to 2015. Still no update?

Right now, when my wife has to sign something, she has to delete my signature from the dropdown menu and add hers. Then, next time I have to sign something, I have to delete hers again and meddle around with my touchpad all over to get a proper signature. Every. Damn. Time.

Doesn't seem so difficult a feature to add several users to choose from, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use different user acounts for your wife and you on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And pay for two accounts, I presume. That doesn't sound like a useful answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what do you pay? What is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems as though Adobe dropped the multiple Digital IDs (digital signatures) in anticipation to their Adobe Sign service.  There is no other apparent reason for dropping this ability in the DC version of Acrobat, it's not as though people stopped signing for other members of thier companies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both irrelevant. We're talking about a missing program feature, not a bug only occurring in a certain system setup.

But, I pay 600 bucks a year for a full CC subscription. Your suggestion would mean my wife would have to sign the CC app out of my account, login to an account of her own, which would then need it's own paid license, just to be able to have her own signature saved? Like Margueritek said, not useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean the login in CC. I mean the login in the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, sorry. Unfortunately though, that doesn't matter either. My wife could log into a personal account on the computer, but would still have to log the CC desktop app into my account for Acrobat Pro to run. Which subsequently loads my signatures..

Also, if that would work, it's still a workaround for an issue that seems to have no point existing in the first place...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your wife can use Fill & Sign in Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines