• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to select form fields and text together

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be missing something simple - I want to move Text and Form fields around the page together, but I can't see an option that allows me to select both simultaneously. What option am I missing?

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These exist in different worlds and must be edited in entirely different tools. Generally, editing the regular text is unwise, it is better to make it in a better editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To elaborate a bit further, form fields are essentially placed on top of the content in the PDF file. So they exist on different layers or "in different worlds" as Test Screen Name mentions. You need to edit form fields using the Prepare Form tool and text using the Edit PDF tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carlop37515158_0-1617885095761.png

Sureley if I want to move a block like the above down, it should be possible to do? Heck in my 2003 version of FormMax it was possible 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really no. I really suggest you don't try to make or edit the form background text in Acrobat, that way leads to nothing but pain.

Acrobat isn't a great form tool. But it's the only game in town for adding form fields to a PDF that you've ALREADY MADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can… You just need to move each different element using a different tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is possible when all objects are form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines