Highlighted

How to send an email using mail server with a .pdf attachment

New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know how to code up something using javaScript that would email a pdf document without having to use an Outlook account or webmail account instead we gonna use our own mail server.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to send an email using mail server with a .pdf attachment

New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know how to code up something using javaScript that would email a pdf document without having to use an Outlook account or webmail account instead we gonna use our own mail server.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Acrobat can connect to an arbibrary email server, there's nothing in Acrobat JavaScript that would allow you to directly talk to an email server from a document script. 

To do this, the document would need to submit to a server script, that would email the PDF.  This is actually quite easy to do with PHP or ASP.NET.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any references to do that what you said?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean sending an email from PHP or ASP.NET?  To do this at all you would need a resource to develop server side scripts. Such a resource would know how to do it. 

If you are interested in doing it yourself. PHP is quite easy to work with, and it's amost a sure thing that PHP is already available on your server and can easily access your email account. I'd suggest trying out one of the online tutorials. Just google "learn PHP".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, this can be done using a server-side script, for example in PHP.

If you're interested I can create such a script for you (for a fee) and help you install it, as well as edit the PDF file to submit the data to it, and even display a message letting the user know if it worked or not. You can contact me via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF