• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set a background to a added text

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was so easy in Pro v9 ..... but now I have Pro DC and it's a nighmare trying to figure out where everything has moved to or even if something that was possible still is possible in DC.

---

When adding a text box I used to be able to right-click the box and set attributes such as the background colour and the level of transparency.

Now in Acrobat Pro DC there seems to be no way to add text other than in a transparent box !!

-

Does anyone know how I can add text (in a text box) AND set a background colour (ie. white) so that the underlying text/image is "replaced" by what I am adding?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the box itself and press Ctrl+E. You'll be able to set its fill color in the floating toolbar that will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an in-depth article on the Properties panel: http://documentgeek.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-case-for-still-using-deprecated.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,
Could you please let us know if you still face the issue? Please make sure you select the text box(a grabber appears around the text box when the text box is in selection mode) and then right click to goto Properties dialog to set background and fill colour.
If you are in text insertion mode, the above properties dialog does not appear. You need to first deselect the text box and then click on the boundary of the text box to select it.

Regards,
Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines