• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to show track changes from Word in my PDF file?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using track changes in word. I am also using Acrobat DC. How can I convert my word document to a pdf showing the track changes?

Thanks,

John

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

That's a function of Word not Acrobat ... On a Windows PC you can print to Adobe PDF  and everything that Word prints will be part of the PDF. You can't however use any function to hide, accept or refuse any of the trackings. Anything in the PDF is static for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a function of Word not Acrobat ... On a Windows PC you can print to Adobe PDF  and everything that Word prints will be part of the PDF. You can't however use any function to hide, accept or refuse any of the trackings. Anything in the PDF is static for this purpose.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know why I pressed the Acrobat Button in Word to create my Word document with Tracked changes in red and I always got redlines in my PDF until last week. Yes, I have the ability to Print to PDF, but the button is more convenient. What could have changed. I have all my Microsoft Word settings the way they are supposed to be. Nothing seemed to have changed there.

Thanks,

Maida

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maida, 

In word use the Save a Copy, change to PDF (*.pdf) > click on More Options, new menu will open up. Under the Options button; Publish what, click on the Document showing markup. Under Include non-printing information click on Create bookmarks using: Then choose OK, then Save.

Once you have choosen this in your PDF Options it will save for all the documents that you want to create in Adobe. 

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo, I just noticed a much better way for you to have answered this question. Italicize and bold Print to Adobe PDF as opposed to Save as Adobe PDF. Choice of words makes all the difference in clear communication. Save as Adobe PDF was the old fashioned way of doing it (where track changes got saved). Now it is Print to Adobe PDF, so that is how you need to emphasize the current method.

Thank you (your answer was helped me, but needed even more clarity)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save as PDF is a Microsoft feature, Print to Adobe PDF is managed by Adobe's adds on/macros or whatever magic Adobe applies to Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this clarification, saved me lots of time!!!!! Best, M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a word document showing track changes and I hit the Acrobat tab on my toolbar and select create pdf, the resulting pdf does not show the track changes. What can I do to have the track changes from the word document show up in the pdf?

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks,

Jael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the "correct answer" for this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use print to adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print to Adobe works, but then you do not get the bookmarks created from the headings and other features that you would have with the Adobe creation button on Word. Is there a way to have both redline and bookmarks etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you select "Save as Adobe PDF", choose "Option" below when you are prompt to save the file then uncheck "Convert Comments". If you would like leave this box uncheck, go Acrobat tab -> Preferences -> Word tab -> uncheck "Convert displayed comments to notes in Adobe PDF".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is, finally, the correct answer.  Note that this should be done when saving in Word -- not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallelujah! Using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020, this is finally the answer. I didn't have an issue with previous versions. 2020 has thrown me for a loop on several things now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines