How to Stop a .pdf being forwarded and opened ...

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scenario ...

Person A purchases a .pdf file from me.

I sent a .pdf file via email to Person A.

Person A then forwards my email with the .pdf attachment to Person B.

Is there a simple way of preventing Person B opening the .pdf file ?

(we are a small start-up business so at the moment the budget for a high spec solution is not there !)

Many thanks and appreciate any help/advice anyone can give us !

Thanks ! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DRM solutions can mean a forwarded file is useless. Adobe's DRM solution is part of Adobe Experience Manager, and price, by negotiation, is reputed to be 5-6 figures. But here's something else to think about. One of the beauties of PDF is that anyone can open it - in their browser, email, webmail, on their phone or tablet, even TV. The moment you add DRM *all* of that is gone. The user has to know how to save the file and get into the app which handles the DRM, which may not be available on their platform. You are giving a major inconvenience. Bear in mind too that anything on a screen can be captured and resold in minutes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I don't know of a great solution for this. I would probably have Person A sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines