• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop auto-fill in a PDF fillable form?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,
I have a problem with a PDF form, there are 2 lines on the form it seems connected somehow and doing auto-fill. when I fill either line, the other line fills itself with what I just had entered. Each line should hold different types of information. How can I stop that?
Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give each field a unique name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Tools - Forms - Prepare Form then right-click one of the fields and select Rename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, I was able to fix the issue with your instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if you already have a prepared form you downloaded but it's auto-filing too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same fix. But you should really ask the form's author to fix it, instead of doing it yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But idk the author. Ok, I have several government forms that I have to download and fill for work. However, for whatever reason, they are auto-filling. Contacting the author is not a thing so what can I do to fix this on an already prepared form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT edit governmental forms. In some cases it can even be an offense.

If the form is duplicating information it shouldn't that's a major issue. Report it to the governmental office you got it from, and submit it in paper form, instead of in a digital form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omggggggg please, why do I have to be so literal. I'm not EDITING forms omg its fill slots. Does any know how to take it off or just not really? it seems like not really

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understood what you're trying to do, but fixing this problem requires editing the form, not just filling in the fields, and I was saying you should not try to attempt doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines