Highlighted

How to unembed or remove an AcroForm font that is not used by any form field anymore?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a  good old AcroForm created with Acrobat. When I change the font of some form field, the corresponding font gets embedded within the AcroForm. However, when I change the form field's font, the old font remains embedded within the AcroForm, even though it is not used by any field anymore. This adds a lot to the form's file size. How can I clear / remove the obsolete font from the AcroForm?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bernd Alheit | Adobe Community Professional
  1. Create a empty PDF with one page
  2. Add the pages from your form
  3. Delete the empty page
  4. Save the new form
TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to unembed or remove an AcroForm font that is not used by any form field anymore?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a  good old AcroForm created with Acrobat. When I change the font of some form field, the corresponding font gets embedded within the AcroForm. However, when I change the form field's font, the old font remains embedded within the AcroForm, even though it is not used by any field anymore. This adds a lot to the form's file size. How can I clear / remove the obsolete font from the AcroForm?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bernd Alheit | Adobe Community Professional
  3. Delete the empty page
  4. Save the new form
TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. Delete the empty page
  4. Save the new form

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Bernd. This trick does the job.

I just found that "Pages -> Combine files into PDF" does the job too, without the need to create and remove an empty page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0