Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to update Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

currently I am using the version 2020.006.20042 of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Apparently the application won't be updated automatically. That's why I downloaded the latest update manually which was a *.msp file.

When trying to run the update, I got the error that the patch couldn't be installed, because the Adobe program was not detected. I have bought the Adobe license last year, so I still have a valid license. How can I install the update?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

If "Check for update" option is missing from Help menu, most likely reason is that bUpdater policy is set to disable Updates for this product.

You should be able to google for bUpdater registry value or search this forum.

Normally bUpdater is set by the company IT department when deploying a product.

The other indication of this PC being a part of a company is that you are not able to install latest patch. Admins often create AIP (admin install point), patch it with the latest available at a tim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Acrobat Pro, go to the Help menu : Check for update

And follow the instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Check for update" option is missing in the application. This was the reason why I asked for help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If "Check for update" option is missing from Help menu, most likely reason is that bUpdater policy is set to disable Updates for this product.

You should be able to google for bUpdater registry value or search this forum.

Normally bUpdater is set by the company IT department when deploying a product.

The other indication of this PC being a part of a company is that you are not able to install latest patch. Admins often create AIP (admin install point), patch it with the latest available at a time Patch and deploy to the systems. In this scenario there is no target product for a later Patch - for example the Patch you tried to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines