• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upload drop show and text into adobe acrobat

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this and I think I have Adobe Pro DC down pretty well. However, I can NOT get a drop shadow or an outline on my text. So, I got into the Illustrator and I figured a few things out. I got far enough to make the text and add the drop shadow. I saved it and imported it into Adobe acrobat pro onto my pdf. It went right on, but then I could not move the text, only the drop shadow. I tried to get it from WORD doc to and could not figure it out. 

I need a title for my PDF with a drop shadow and I have spent at least 5 hours trying to figure it out! HELP How can I get a drop shadow on my text in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Hi Default,

Welcome to the issue that Acrobat is NOT a page layout application. 

As long as you have Illustrator, why not create your entire document there and then save that Illustrator document into your PDF to do with that which needs to be done. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Think of a PDF as a printed document. After all, that's what it really is, although it is a digitally printed document, not from a printer. Most people never consider trying to create drop shadows in the pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Default,

Welcome to the issue that Acrobat is NOT a page layout application. 

As long as you have Illustrator, why not create your entire document there and then save that Illustrator document into your PDF to do with that which needs to be done. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Think of a PDF as a printed document. After all, that's what it really is, although it is a digitally printed document, not from a printer. Most people never consider trying to create drop shadows in the printer, you might be onto something there but such capability is not there yet. 

The editing capability that Acrobat provides is very limited. Very very limited. If you need to fix a data, or spell someone's name correctly, you're good. But as soon as you try to do major updates to a document, you will be frustrated and disappointed. Since you're new to all this, do think of the PDF as a printed page. If major changes need to be made, than go to the original creation application (Word, InDesign, Illustrator, Excel, etc.) and make the changes and then re"print" the PDF. Besides, you are MUCH better off that way. Consider that you mis-spelled someone's name, fixed it in the PDF and then did an update in the Word document that still have the mis-spelled name. 

Not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not realize the username was default!

Thank you so much for the information! It makes so much more sense now!!! I really appreciate it, guess I should've asked sooner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines