• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How windows magnifier can follow keyboard selection in a pdf?

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to read pdf using the windows magnifier tools (with keyboard focus) and used the arrow keys to navigate across documents

Thank you for your attention, and I really hope that you have a solution for my problem.

SImon

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think you can do this if you set Acrobat in full screen mode(CTRL +H)  or in read mode(CTRL+L) or go to  Edit--->>Preferences---->>> "View"

You may also want to go to the Preferences--->>> Accessibility--->>> "Always display the keyboard selection cursor". 

You can dock the magnifier, set the desired type of view for the magnifyier app,  and you will be able to navigate your PDF pages in Acrobat using  the keyboard.

For example, to move forward or backward in your document use the arrow keys and the Tab key to actually move accross the fields in your document; the Enter key executes an object field after a selection is made from a dropdown menu or after typing in something in a text field. 

If you're using MS Windows 10, the only thing that I observed is that the magnifier will be present for all opened applications in Windows, to include the desktop, not just Acrobat (hitting the ESC key will exit Read Mode in Acrobat.

Is this what your inquiry is about?. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thank you very much for your answer. 

Unfortunetly it doesn't work. I've tried to change the windows magnifier view and "always display the selection cursor" in accessiblility but nothing changes. However with my previous computer I was able to navigate through a PDF using Addobe while activating the Read out loud mode (maybe it could help you).

I'm using MS windows 10 with a HP Spectre.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which version of Acrobat is this happening?

Have you tried using read out lode mode in your current computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I have 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines