• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink to destinations not working in the Adobe Form

Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have an adobe form where I have created hyperlinks in them to specific destinations to a different pdf document.(hyperlink to pdf and #destination). When I open in the system which is having Adobe Pro, the manual open at the right destination but in some PC where the Adobe Pro is not present the link opens to the 1st page of the hyperlinked pdf. Is there any settings that need to be to get this worked in all systems independent of Adobe Pro? Or Is Adobe Pro mandatory to open to the specified destination of the hyperlinked pdf.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hyperlinks will also work with Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I'm facing this issue. I'm have file having hyperlink (filepath/Reference.pdf#Destination1)

This when open in IE it does not open to the exact destination instead opens the 1st page of the Reference.pdf

In chrome also, the issue is the same, but when I manually type #Destination1 in the chrome address bar, then it gets redirected to the right page.

But the IE issue gets solved when I install the Acrobat Pro. But in some machines it does not open itself. Any idea what can be the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF Open Parameters are not really a part of the PDF ISO, but something

Adobe implemented in their own applications.

As such, there's no reason to assume it will work when anything but Adobe

software is used to open the file.

On top of that, it will only work when the file is opened inside a browser

window, and since almost no browsers are compatible anymore with the Adobe

plugin, it's pretty much obsolete, unless some other plugin developers

decide to implement it (which I hope they do, as it's a nice feature).

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 12:06 PM, shijink27818087 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sucks as I have thousands of documents with a destination designated so people don't have to scroll through hundreds of pages to get to the page needed. The strange thing is other employees with older version still have it work correctly. Those of us that now have DC no longer have those link working. Progress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with version DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have them hyperlinked as a field in a GIS Layer and they are not working for anyone that has DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be it doesn't work for GIS layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the point it did until the latest version and those that have not upgraded say it still works for them. It still links but destinations no longer work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines