• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink very slow to open in any PDF

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021.20138. For any PDF document with a web hyperlink it takes 1-2 minutes to load the webpage--often freezing the document. I've tested this on another machine without my Adobe Acrobate Pro version and there is no problem. This issue started in the last week and I have changed no settings. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. 

Looking at the description given above, it seems like you have been experiencing this issue only with the PDFs containing web hyperlinks in it. Is that right?

Check the following preferences settings in Acrobat.

Navigate to Adobe Acrobat>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat

Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

OR

Acrobat DC>Edit>Preferences>Trust Manager> Internet access from PDF files outside the web browser>Change settings>check if any relevant website is blocked the change it to Allow access.

Let us know if this makes any changes.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both of these things and loading any hyperlink that goes to the web either times out or takes at least 1-2 minutes. I've even found if I download the same PDF from SharePoint and open it in a tab of my web browser rather than separately in Acrobat the links work fine. Any ideas? Right now I'm paying for a product that functions worse than the free acrobat. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for not being able to get in touch with you on time. A follow-up update to Acrobat and Reader DC Feb 2021 release for Windows & Mac 21.001.20142 optional update, is available which addresses some important issues.

Please install the latest patch Open Acrobat>help>check for update Or download it from here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html 

If it still doesn't work, then share the sample file with us. We'd like to test the same at our end. 

You can upload it on document cloud web and share the link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also have this problem and can not be fixed even if I install the latest patch. I know not all of the computer have this problem. But this problem is really exist on some computers. It maybe due to the compatibility to the other softwares. Could you please tell us how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Regards,

Yaoxing Wu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Navigate to Adobe Acrobat>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat

Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting.

OR

Acrobat DC>Edit>Preferences>Trust Manager> Internet access from PDF files outside the web browser>Change settings>check if any relevant website is blocked the change it to Allow access."

None of these solutions work, this bug is still present (and annoying).

Capture_38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm that this is still happening in Acrobat Pro Ver. 2023.003.20215, 64-bit. Very bizarre behavior. Attempting to open any hyperlink hangs the program for anywhere from 30-90 seconds, then the link opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it is a problem for my customers who complain that links in the PDF docs that I supply them are taking up to 90 secs to open and sometimes appear not to be opening at all as they take so long.
It seems that the newer versions of this are much worse than the older in terms of the speed with which web links in PDF files open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem, after link click acrobat hangs for 20-40 sec. or randomly crash 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too and it is causing me constant problems with customers complaining that the documents that I am sending them are not functioning as the links take so long to open that they assume they are unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this problem too and it is causing me constant problems with customers complaining that the documents that I am sending them are not functioning as the links take so long to open that they assume they are unresponsive.

By @Mike316652383110

What version of Acrobat are you using?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines