• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks in Editable PDF don't work after saving but mail link does

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issue with an editable pdf I made.

When I open the pdf in acrobat the links works fine.

When I edit the pdf and save it in acrobat the links work fine.

If I open the pdf in google chrome, edit the pdf, print to pdf (to save it), the changes are saved, but the hyperlinks no longer work, with the exception of a mailto link I created.

Why does the mail link continue to work, but the hyperlinks do not?

I have attached a copy of the editable version and the print to pdf version. In the footer the mail link works but the hyperlink to the website does not. There are also 2 hyperlinks on page 2 that work in the editable version but no longer work in the print to pdf version.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Print to PDF removes all interactive elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting your concern over here.

Printing to PDF removes all the links from the file; even the PDF becomes non-searchable as well (except for printed from IE). But, the email works with mailto html type which opens the systems default mailer for the same. Links on other hands require a browser or connectivity. This is the expected behaviour for the printer.

Also, if one needs links can use the PDF Create or PDF Maker option from Acrobat itself.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print to PDF removes all interactive elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting your concern over here.

Printing to PDF removes all the links from the file; even the PDF becomes non-searchable as well (except for printed from IE). But, the email works with mailto html type which opens the systems default mailer for the same. Links on other hands require a browser or connectivity. This is the expected behaviour for the printer.

Also, if one needs links can use the PDF Create or PDF Maker option from Acrobat itself.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines