Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks not working when emailing...

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon Everyone:

I have a user that creates a PDF doc with hyperlinks that point to documents that are on their internal network. If a user on their network opens the document from a network share, the hyperlinks work. If the document is emailed to another user that is on the same network, the hyperlinks are still there but they no longer work (document does not come up) . I've also put down some of her notes as well:

this is how she is creating the links-

I’m creating the links after the Word document is saved as a PDF. It’s pretty easy – I just click the Link option under Tools > Content and then follow the steps.

The problem seems to happen when it is email. We have checked all filtering on the mail end (365) and we have not found that 365 is stripping the hyperlink away. The hyperlink is there, it's just that when you click on it...nothing happens. I appreciate any help on this issue. Thanks everyone. 

FYI- The version of acrobat she is using is Acrobat X  

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the user download and install Adobe Reader DC (free version) and test if the same problem occurs with Reader DC. If it doesn't, maybe is time for the user to upgrade.

Or, have the userrepair installation (not to be confused s uninstall and reinstall the software), and then  re-apply the last planned update that was published for that old version  from here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/10/10.1.16.html#tenonesixteen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to add that Office 365 is not compatible with Acrobat X.

If the user is trying to integrate the PDF Maker add-in that is supported in  Outlook  (Office 365) it won't work.

See this other discussion where a similar issue occurs with MS Word: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/is-acrobat-x-professional-compatible-with-microsoft-office-wo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines