• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks produce error messages in generated PDFs

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting this week (Monday, Aug. 3) none of the links in my Word-to-PDF generated files work. When I click a link in a file after I have converted it to Adobe PDF (via Acrobat OR via Word for MAC), I get this error message: Could not open the file '옥쌍İ'

The characters at the end of the error message change occasionally, but the bottom line is, NONE of the links in my PDF files work. And last week--and for the past 8-9 months that I have been using the paid subscription service--The Links Worked In All Of The PDF Files I Generated. 

I work in documents that can have 40-60 links (to documents/files on websites), so inserting them "by hand" is not an option.

I contacted Adobe Support and was told that Word was "flattening" the links and that's why my links no longer worked. The guy even installed a new version of Acrobat on my computer and that did not help. He told me I would have to manually create/insert each link. SERIOSLY. He said that.

I am paying (monthly) for software that basically no long works.

I am using Word for Mac version 16.39 copyright 2020 Microsoft. And MAC OS Catalina 10.15.5. Mac Book Pro.

For the past 8-9 months, everything was fine. This week, in newly created PDF files, the hyperlinks no longer take you to the desire link, and instead generate an error message:Could not open the file '옥쌍İ'.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?