• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to print a pdf sewing pattern to scale

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed all the instructions regarding getting the 1" test box to scale but can only get it 3/4" which will not print the pattern correctly. I have opened the pattern in Adobe, set printer to "actual size" as specified and also tried scaling 100% as suggested..still not getting the 1" test square. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered this question for a stubborn user who was trying to do something similar for CD Jewel case inserts, but   having issues because of using Adobe Reader DC and didn't understand my guidance.

For example, I gave the person the link where you can download templates for free and get the correct dimensions. 

Of course, you'll need to pay for the template if you intend to use it with Adobe Acrobat... even if it is intended to be useed with another editing program you'll have to pay.

So in your case I would say that you  should download the template of the sewing pattern from one of the many free websites out there and use the correct dimensions to achieve the printout.

Now, if you don't want to pay for a template, or if you already have one, the trick here is not done directly from Adobe Acrobat.

You have to set it up manually using the printer driver application (or the printer server properties software).

To do so, if you have Micrososft Windows, you need to go to Control Panel-->> Hardware and Sound-->>View Devices and Printers.

Left-click once with your mouse to select the default printer icon.

Look a few lines up in that window, and you'll notice that a new toolbar becomes visible.

Click once with your mouse  on the label "Printer Server properties".

The Print Server Properties dialogue box will open.

You'll be setting up your form in thr "Forms" tab.

Below the list box of forms presets, there is a greyed out blank " Form Name"

Tick the checkbox below that blank "Create a new Form" and you will be able to assign a template name, and down below, there is a section "Form description (measurements)".

There is where you input the correct paper size, and the printer area margins. When you're done editing these preferences click on the "Save Form" button. Then click close.

Go back to Acrobat.

Click on Print, and then click on the "Properties" button.

This will open upthe "Adobe PDF Document Properties" dialogue box.

Click on the "Paper/Quality" tab, below in that box follow by clicking on the "Advanced" button.

We're almost there!

This will open another dialogue box " Adobe PDF Converter Advanced Options".

Below the section "Paper/Output" select from the Paper Size dropdown menu the customized form that you created earlier, and click OK to close that window, click OK to close Document Properties window.

Last, click on "Print".

Now you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be very tricky. The solution may vary among different printer makes/models, driver versions, even the version of the application you're printing from.

Where can I read the instructions you've tried?

Give us as much information as possible about your particular system hardware and software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, we figured it out, the instructions were not clear and will be revised.
Cheers, Alexis

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! We're having the same problems. Can you post what your solution was? I tried following what ls_rbls was saying, but my computer didn't have many of those options.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using windows 10. The Print Server properties are accessed via the Control Panel.

You have to click once on the default printer to select, and the "Print server" ribbon toolbar will become visible above in the control panel.

I apologize in my verbage was not clear enough.

And in response to "jafcpu"  there's nothing tricky or anything that basic printing configurations can't do for a customized form since this is handled by the print server configuration options provided and administered via every operating system.

You also don't need to buy a template, but you can go online and search for a free download of such template(s) just to get the right dimensions. Then adjust these settings manually as shown in my slides below:

printserver.png

The image above shows the settings where you can customize a form and you don't have to by a template. This is what I've been trying to explain all along.

You should, however, download a free template for your project just to get the right dimensions.

With that information then you can set the correct width and height to scale. You can also assign a name for your customized form. Which makes it easier to find when you're about to print

After you complete the steps above, when you click on "Print" in Acrobat, this form will be available. Just select from the list the name of the form that you've customized.

See next slide:

printserver-forms.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is why you need to download a template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines