• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can no longer open pdfs

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error when I open most of my saved pdf files...

it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

To create an Adobe PDF document, go to the source application. Then choose Save as Adobe PDF from the PDF dropdown in the Print dialog.

HELP! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps, I'm on a MacBook Air, using Catalina 10.15.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to open the PDF and getting the error 'file is not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged'

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to open a different PDF file and check.if the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download the file to your computer locally and try to open it with Acrobat/Reader DC and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for updates.

If you are the owner/creator of the PDF file please try to recreate the PDF from the original source document using Adobe Acrobat from file menu. File > Create > PDF from File.

You may also look at the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-error-1015-11001-update.html
Note: Steps similar for new version.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pdf's are in dropbox. It's most of the pdf's I had previously saved in there for years and have always been able to access until recently. They will not download for me at all. 

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 

Version 2020.013.20064

It doesn't look like I can do what you suggest as I no longer have a paid version. Any other suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy the files from dropbox to the local disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by that? I copied and pasted onto my desktop and tried opening in other files - nothing is working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't copy and paste. Download from DropBox.

I don't understand when you say you have Acrobat Pro, and also say you don't have a paid version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RGAdoption,

We tried to reproduce this issue locally and had no luck.

can you please help us with below queries :

* Can you please sgare the exact steps to reproduce this issue(A video will be of great help 🙂 )

* Is this issue reproducible for all the PDFs ?

* Can you please try saving the fie to your local computer/desktop and try opening the file from there and check whether the issue is reproducible or not?

Thanks & Regards,

Vimal Dobhal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying. I got Adobe on the phone. Seems a lot of pdf's somehow got corrupted. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines