Highlighted

I CAN NOT GET ACROBAT PRO 8 for mac to work with os 10.9.5 adobe is no help

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have acrobat 8 that was part of cs3 suite for mac and I have not been able to get it working for years. Abobe has been no help.

running mac os 10.9.5

any suggestions?

Thanks

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to an Acrobat forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Adobe Acrobat 8 was released in November 2006, over 10 years ago and any Adobe support for that version ended in November 2011. At that time of the release of Acrobat 8, MacOS 10.4 was the current MacOS version, over five versions of MacOS earlier than what you are trying to install Acrobat 8 on.

As you hopefully are aware, Apple does not fully maintain application compatibility with its new MacOS releases. The likelihood that you could successfully install such an old version of Acrobat on MacOS 10.9 is effectively nil due to these compatibility issues!

Regrettably, your only reasonable option is to obtain the latest version of Acrobat, Acrobat DC Pro for use on MacOS 10.9 (which by the way, is the earliest version of MacOS supported by the latest version of Acrobat).

- Dov

Topics

Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I CAN NOT GET ACROBAT PRO 8 for mac to work with os 10.9.5 adobe is no help

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have acrobat 8 that was part of cs3 suite for mac and I have not been able to get it working for years. Abobe has been no help.

running mac os 10.9.5

any suggestions?

Thanks

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to an Acrobat forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Adobe Acrobat 8 was released in November 2006, over 10 years ago and any Adobe support for that version ended in November 2011. At that time of the release of Acrobat 8, MacOS 10.4 was the current MacOS version, over five versions of MacOS earlier than what you are trying to install Acrobat 8 on.

As you hopefully are aware, Apple does not fully maintain application compatibility with its new MacOS releases. The likelihood that you could successfully install such an old version of Acrobat on MacOS 10.9 is effectively nil due to these compatibility issues!

Regrettably, your only reasonable option is to obtain the latest version of Acrobat, Acrobat DC Pro for use on MacOS 10.9 (which by the way, is the earliest version of MacOS supported by the latest version of Acrobat).

- Dov

Topics

Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF
Add a group