Highlighted

I Can't Active Adobe Acrobat Professional 8

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reinstalling Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 on a computer which I had to replace a hard drive because it had become corrrumpt or virus compromised and couldn't be accessed anymore. The last time I install this application was abount seven years ago.  After I install the software on the knew system (Windows 10 Professional) and attempt to activate using my software key I get an error message saying Internet Connection Not Detected and the following Error code: 159:41.  Adobe does not let you activate this application over the phone, at this point I guess they do not support this version anymore but I paid good and a lot of money for this program and should be able to use it regardless. Does any one have an answer to how I can fix this because in a couple of days Adobe is going to shut my access to the software down.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Acrobat 8 can no longer be activated, in any way. It's dead.

Topics

Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

I Can't Active Adobe Acrobat Professional 8

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reinstalling Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 on a computer which I had to replace a hard drive because it had become corrrumpt or virus compromised and couldn't be accessed anymore. The last time I install this application was abount seven years ago.  After I install the software on the knew system (Windows 10 Professional) and attempt to activate using my software key I get an error message saying Internet Connection Not Detected and the following Error code: 159:41.  Adobe does not let you activate this application over the phone, at this point I guess they do not support this version anymore but I paid good and a lot of money for this program and should be able to use it regardless. Does any one have an answer to how I can fix this because in a couple of days Adobe is going to shut my access to the software down.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Topics

Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 was released in November 2006 and in the case of Windows, installed and worked properly only on 32-bit versions of Windows XP and earlier versions of Windows. Acrobat 8.1 was released in June 2007 to provide support for Windows Vista and 64-bit versions of Windows. All Adobe support for Acrobat 8.x ended in November 2011.

Acrobat 8 did not support any reasonably modern version of Microsoft Office and is known to have issues under Windows 10. Many anomalies and security issues with Acrobat have been resolved with more recent Acrobat versions.

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF