Highlighted

I can't print PDF from Adobe

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I am very embarrassed.

I can't print any PDF file from Adobe Reader DC, but when I tried to do it from Sumatra PDF, it works.

I have already tried to print it as an image, to disable protected mode, to delete Rootkits from my system using Kaspersky TDSSKiller and also a lot of other stuffs.

Did anyone experience the same problem or has any idea to resolve it ?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Nassim.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't print PDF from Adobe

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I am very embarrassed.

I can't print any PDF file from Adobe Reader DC, but when I tried to do it from Sumatra PDF, it works.

I have already tried to print it as an image, to disable protected mode, to delete Rootkits from my system using Kaspersky TDSSKiller and also a lot of other stuffs.

Did anyone experience the same problem or has any idea to resolve it ?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Nassim.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nassim,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to print from Acrobat Reader DC

Do you get any error message or code when you try to print the PDF file ? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

If you are on Windows machine please try to repair the installation from the help menu > repair installation and see if that works for you.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights on Windows and try printing the file and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for your return.

I will try it and tell you if that resolved the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nassim,

I am working on a print issue on a Windows 2016 Server for some hours.
I really tried everything. (except for WinDbg yet)

Adobe Printing logging (set successfully, but generates empty logfiles)
Reinstall
Patch

But Adobe Reader DC cannot print at all!
To any printer.
The document could not be printed.

I found an old article, it was the same if mor than one provider's printers were installed.
I will test somehow this also ... but I just can't believe it.
Unfortunately the version 10 can be isntalled, but cannot start (Internal Error - C++ Runtime)
I hope Adobe can repair this quickly.

Best regards,

Peter Hollo
Sanofi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Hollopeti,

Thank you for your reply.

Please, let me know how it goes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nassim,

First I repaired the printers.
In my case I deleted the pending version updates, and installed the printer drivers again:

Subkeys under this key. (like Version-3, I deleted them and restarted the Print Spooler service)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\PendingUpgrades

Then this fix worked to me:

https://www.technipages.com/acrobat-reader-11-fix-there-was-an-error-opening-this-document-access-de...

regards,

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nassim,
This error is very new for me either.
Normally we use Adobe Reader on servers only for PDF reading.
But now it is needed to print on paper, because of Audit reasosn.

SO, what I have found is leading to print drivers.
If any old (outdated) driver is installed on the computer, it can fail Adobe printing.

Don't ask me why, if I select one particular printer to print on, which is OK and can be used from any other program.

Anyway, I am trying this also, but it is not easy on a server where more admins installed printers in the past.
We will see ...

Regards,
Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 1