• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can view a regular PDF but why can't I view a pdf that I can enter information into?

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a PDF on the www.modot.org/mce websit.This is a pdf form that I can enter information into and it calculates payments for me. When I try to view the form it says please wait "Please wait...   If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.   You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting  http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.   For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit  http://www.adobe.com/support/products/ acrreader.html." I can view a regular PDF so why not this one?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

You can't view it in your browser. Some browsers don't undestand how to view some files, so you get this message. Whenever you get the message, download the file and open it in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't view it in your browser. Some browsers don't undestand how to view some files, so you get this message. Whenever you get the message, download the file and open it in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using the "Adobe Acrobat reader for PDF" app on my iphone 7. I downlaod the pdf file, but cant open it. it keeps saying "this form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Mac or Windows".... When I searched in the apple app store, I dont see said app. How can I fix this? I'm subscribed to the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC already. I can not for the life of me figure this shit out for my phone. On my desktop, it works when I open it from my onedrive, but it will not open on my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open it on a regular computer. There are some special PDF files that can't be viewed on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat Reader for iDevices is mediocre, at best, when it comes to forms.

It could also be that the form is not really a PDF, but uses an obsolete technology called XFA, which is placed in a PDF wrapper, so that it can be viewed with Acrobat (Reader) for Windows or macOS. You will find Acrobat Reader for Windows or macOS on the Adobe website.

You might give a try to PDFExpert by Readdle on your iPhone, but if the form is XFA, even that PDF viewer will fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines