Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot open any PDF with Adobe Acrobat DC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I'm having a serious trouble. So basically I cannot open any PDF with Adobe Acrobat DC. Either thos that I download and those that I save with Illustrator and Photoshop. I mean, it's weird cause I open the file, the file stays open for 1 sec and the automatically shuts down. Moreover, even when I try to open Adobe Acrobat the story is the same: I open the software, it stays open for 1 sec and then shuts down. 

Does someone has any idea of what's going on? Any suggestions or advice are more than welcome.

Thanks a lot,

Lorenzo

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS version? Did you try reinstalling Acrobat (maybe after running the Cleaner tool)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I have got windows 10.

I tried to uninstall and re-install the app. But nothing has changed so far. I'm kind of desperate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling run this tool, then reinstall: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lore46,

Can you please share the below details for us to look into the issue on priority

1. Acrobat Version 
  2. Windows or Mac OS version details
  3. Crash Log (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/how-to-collect-crash-logs.html)

Regards,

Ishita Verma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishita,

thanks for your reply.

To answer your questions:

1. Acrobat DC Version 20.0

2. Windows 10

3. I haven't got a proper crash. I open the PDF file or the software, it stays open for 1 sec and then shuts down.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bangherang ,

1. Is the issue is happening for all pdfs or specific pdfs. (please share pdf with issue)
  2. Is the issue happening on opening acrobat with out any pdf also?

Please follow the below steps to collect crash dumps and share them with us.

(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/how-to-collect-crash-logs.html)

1. In the Run dialog window, enter regedit and click Ok.
  2. Navigate to the registry \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps.
  3. Set up the Registry values as per the instructions in this URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps
  4. Now retry with the same workflow where XD was crashed and if it is still able to reproduce, then navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps using Run window.

Regards,

Ishita Verma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ishita,

the problem comes up with any pdf and it happens even if I try to open Acrobat (not with pdf).

Is there a number I can call to fix this? Via the forum the thing is taking a lot.

Also I'd like to ask some questions about the payment plan during this new lockdown.

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines