• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot select paragraph in some of my pdfs

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read out load on some of my pdfs does not read the whole paragraph but a single line or word. This is forcing me to select the whole page or document to be read. It seems I cannot select a paragraph using  the select tool.

Is there any option enabling me to do this or antything that I can use to modify these pdfs.

Thanks 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Thank you for reaching out.

Currently, the Read Out Loud feature has only 2 options to read the PDF:

- Read this page only 

- Read to End of the document.

It is not possible to enable the read out loud for the selected text only.

If you wish you may share your suggestion about this with the team via this form: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

That is not correct as far as paragraph goes, as I can do it on some of my pdfs. 

On the ones that works, when the readaloud is activated pressing the left mouse button on any paragraph draws a box around it and then the whole paragraph is read. On the one that does not work a box is drawn around the line or just some words and only those are read.

It lead me to believe that the boxes are paragraph holders that are not inserted corrcetly in some pdfs.

Any suggestion is very much welcomed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any more insight? I need this working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A work around I found is to import the pdf into Microsoft Word and then export it back to pdf.

However, some of the page formatting is changed in the process. Can I do this in Acrobat pro DC or any other program so that I can keep the document look the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines