• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get the message "You do not have permission to open the application “Adobe Acrobat”.

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message even though everyone has red and write permissions

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stansphd

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you get the error message: You do not have permission to open the application even though everyone has read and write permissions.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to open? Please try with a different file and check. Also, please share the screenshot of the error message for a better understanding.

If the file is saved on a shared network/drive please download and save it to your computer locally and then try to open it and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the version goto Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20145 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work, please repair the installation (Win Only) go to Help > Repair installation and check if that works.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile on Windows with full admin rights or enable the root account on Mac and try using the application there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-01-17 200118.png

This is the error message. I am using Acrobat 9 Pro for filling and measuring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Maria27987442q96t 

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or all the PDFs you try to open? Please share the PDF file in question so we can check it at our end.

Also, Acrobat 9 is an EOL application; for more info, please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-support-acrobat-8-reader.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue now.  If I copy files to a different computer, they open.  I copied and saved tham back to where directory will not open and same thing happens.  Any suggestions?  I am using Acrobat Pro DC 2022.001.20142

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(EDITTED) I am having the same issue now.  If I copy files to a different computer, they open.  I copied and saved them back to the other computer where directory will not open and same thing happens, will not open.  Any suggestions?  I am using Acrobat Pro DC 2022.001.20142

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new user account in that computer and see if the files open with a different user account.

It may be possible that the current user account profile cache folders need to be reset, emptied or deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines