• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get this error-"pdf conversion process failed, please correct and try again"

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error-pdf conversion process failed, please correct and try again every time I try dragging a word or xcel doc into a pdf package. 

I have a pdf open, I go to organize pages, then drag and drop a word doc into the pdf...usually it converts it and inserts it into my pdf. jpg works,  but not word or xcel. It seems .doc is not supported?  what happened? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mtber

We are sorry for the trouble.  We tried to reproduce the issue at our end and it's working fine. We need more information for a better understanding:

If you are on the Windows machine please try to repair installation. Go to Help > Repair Installation

If it still doesn't work, please try the following steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue. I have been for several months. I have chatted with Adobe-they say it is an Office issue. I chat with Office- they say it is an Adobe issue. I have paid my IT guy over $600 and even he cannot figure it out. This is ridiculous! Is there some way your tech can LogMeIn or something to take a look? I pay for the most recent versions of both softwares, my pc is not but a little over a year old. This should NOT be an issue and someone needs to take ownership of it and JUST FIX IT! I have found threads of this very issue repeatedly, going back as far as 2007 at least. Why are so many customers having this issue and no one is addressing it with a fix. It literally happened after an update of the program but no one will acknowledge that their update caused the issue. Please adress this matter ASAP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephany

We are sorry to hear about your experience  and the delay in response. Are you trying to drag and drop the files in the Adobe Acrobat DC (Combine Files Tool) and getting the error 'pdf conversion process failed, please correct and try again'as described in the original post or are you using a different workflow?

If you are using the same steps as mentioned in the original post, we need some more information for a better understanding.

• How many files are you trying to combine?
  • Is this a behavior with a particular set of file or random? Please try using different files and check.
  • Are the files stored on a shared network/drive? If yes, please try to download the files to your compouter locally and then try again.

You may also take a look at the similar discussion here https://acrobatusers.com/forum/pdf-creation/pdf-conversion-process-failed-please-correct-error-and-r... and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is the same flow I am using. I have tried to drag/drop many different word/excel docs into varying pdf docs, all with the same failure message. This started several months ago after my computer automatically updated my Office and Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
so...for me it ended up being a simple fix. I somehow thought I had
installed office 360 on my pc, but in reality I only had the office 'app'
installed on my pc. Big difference. I found my office license, installed
it and now everything is working fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines